Saturday, September 24, 2011

Refit Creeping Forward....


One of the items missing from Ceol Mor has been a way to secure the house battery bank. Mark was poking around under the girls bunk and noticed a bit of wood rot from under the water heater. It was a small area of issue- very small but this is Mark we are talking about, Captain Perfecto.You know what that means, rip it all out and upgrade. We can make her stronger, faster...

Mark replaced the shot wood, then built and fiberglassed in the ribs to hold the house batteries. Perfectly sized for what ever size battery it is we are going with (hey, sometimes my eyes glaze over and I miss stuff), glassed and painted they await the installation of our new batteries.

 Now what happens if we go to sell the boat and the person interested in the boat wants a different type or size battery? Not to worry, Mark has assured me he plans on being buried on this boat so no worries about resale issues.

The plan is to do a bit of overnight sailing next month. I'm looking forward to it but as I look at the current state of the cabin I wonder how accurate that date is. No matter, we are getting pretty darned good at moving mountains...

1 comment:

  1. Oh yeah - I plan on being buried in every house and apartment I move into! I like that last black and white!

    ReplyDelete