Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Captain KIdd


Captain KIdd, originally uploaded by CidnieC.

The Captain Kidd is a regular sight on our outings into the Bay. Other sailors seem to snicker at her because she is always overloaded with tourists, is perhaps not exactly in Bristol fashion and she usually has all of her red canvas up but barely creeps by.

I love her. I love her because when you are out sailing with little kids, the sight of a "pirate ship" with red sails off in the distance delights them. A pirate ship in the distance, binoculars and a cabin below to plot their defenses, these are the things that make sailing as a child more fun than it ever will be for an adult. Oh the stories this boat has inspired...

2 comments:

  1. I just found your blog but I am struggling to find the make and model of the boat you ended up choosing. I may just be missing it but is there a section on the boat someplace?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it probably was done before I got wise to tagging. We chose a 1984 Nassau 42, which is the same exact boat as the Tatoosh 42 just imprted under a different name. Same boat, same yard, same Bob Perry design. I'm running out the door just now but I will try to dig up the links for you and post them here.

      Delete